All you need to know to prepare for National Sunscreen Day - Don't Fry Day!
It's officially National Sunscreen Day, also known as "Don't Fry Day"! This holiday was officially declared by The National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention the Friday before Memorial Day Weekend. From celebrating the sun, to spreading awareness about it's potential danger & we get smart about managing the sun. It’s fitting to celebrate this day as we launch on the hot, sunny days of the summer season. This means many of us & our families will be enjoying fun in the sun-beaches, pool parties, playgrounds, hiking, and more. Use Sunscreen Day as a reminder to make sure you are properly protecting yourself from the sun, such as by keeping out of the rays at the hottest time of the day (11am-2 pm), drinking plenty of liquids and, of course, wearing sunscreen!
The American Academy of Dermatology recommends using a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher that specifically says “broad-spectrum” on the label. Also make sure that your sunscreen is water resistant. If not, make sure to apply or reapply every two hours. It’s best to wear sunscreen every day, all year long. Harmful rays don’t go away just because it’s cloudy and gray outside. It’s ideal to apply sunscreen 15 to 30 minutes before going outside. You’ll want to apply sunscreen even if you’ll be in the car driving all day.
Above are 5 ZO Sunscreens for you to choose from (as numbered in the photo):
1. Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen SPF50 -For sensitive and post-procedure skin, this lightweight, non-irritating mineral sunscreen, with ZOX12 complex, protects against damaging effects from UVA/UVB and IR-A rays, and from HEV light.
2. Daily Sheer Broad-Spectrum SPF 50 -Water and perspiration resistant, this non-greasy sunscreen, with ZOX12® complex dries quickly with a sheer matte finish to shield against UVA/UVB and IR-A rays, and HEV light. Protects while also hydrating.
3.Sunscreen+Powder Broad-Spectrum - Light, Medium, & Deep -Sunscreen + Powder SPF 40 is powered by Triple-Spectrum Protection® and exclusive ZO® antioxidant technology to deliver superior skin defense with a hint of advanced color pigments. Options for this are, light, medium, & deep.
4. Smart Tone Broad-Spectrum SPF 50 -Designed to blend into most skin tones, this ultra-lightweight sunscreen, featuring ZOX12® complex, protects against the aging effects from UVA/UVB and IR-A rays, and from HEV light.
5. Sunscreen+Primer SPF 30 -This dual-action sunscreen, with ZOX12® complex, protects against the damaging effects from UVA/UVB and IR-A rays, and from HEV light. Hydrates and doubles as a makeup primer for a smooth matte finish, diminishing skin imperfections.
Here are 5 helpful tips that will keep your skin protected all summer long using ZO Dallas Skin Centre’s Sunscreens.
1. Choose a ZO Sunscreen that has an SPF of 30 or higher. It helps that majority of ZO Sunscreens are also water resistant. They also provide a broad-spectrum coverage, which means it protects you from UVA & UVB rays.
2. Make sure to apply ZO Sunscreen generously before going outdoors & into the sun. It takes approximately 15 minutes for your skin to absorb the sunscreen & protect you.
3. Make sure you put on enough ZO Sunscreen. Rub the sunscreen thoroughly into your skin. Most adults need at least one ounce of sunscreen, which is about the amount you can hold in the palm of your hand.
4. Always apply ZO Sunscreen to all bare skin. Key areas where the sun touches on your body is your neck, face, ears, legs, & tops of your feet. Don’t be afraid to have someone assist you with hard to reach areas like your back.
5. One key tip is to remember to reapply ZO Sunscreen at least every two hours to remain protected. Don’t forget to reapply your ZO Sunscreen when you take a break from swimming, immediately after swimming or excessively sweating. People who get sunburned usually didn't use enough sunscreen or didn't reapply it after being in the sun. ZO Sunscreens are here to protect & help prevent not only skin damage but also to help prevent aging on the skin.