HydraFacial + ZO Skin Health: Safe Skincare Options During Pregnancy
During pregnancy, many women may need to make adjustments their lifestyle habits in order to carry a full-term, healthy pregnancy. In addition to these changes, a woman's body is constantly evolving to adapt to the new life growing inside of her. Her skin during this thrilling time is no exception to the changes she can expect to see. The great news is that ZO Skin Centre Dallas is here to help keep expecting mother's skin healthy, so they can focus on keeping themselves and their baby healthy.
The safety of skincare treatments during pregnancy is a legitimate concern for expectant mothers. The primary concern is the potential absorption of skincare ingredients into the bloodstream, potentially affecting the developing fetus. Instead of relying on aggressive chemical peels or lasers, Hydrafacial treatments can be gentle and safe while providing exceptional, beautiful results.
Understanding the Hydrafacial
HydraFacial is a popular non-invasive facial treatment that combines exfoliation, cleansing, extraction, hydration, and antioxidant protection in a single session. This multi-step treatment is designed to rejuvenate and improve the appearance of the skin by addressing various skin concerns, such as fine lines, acne, and hyperpigmentation. Here is what a Hydrafacial at ZO Skin Centre Dallas looks like:
Is Hydrafacial pregnancy safe?
Hydrafacial is generally considered safe for pregnant women due to its gentle and non-invasive nature. The serums used in HydraFacial treatments are typically formulated to be soothing and hydrating, with minimal risk of causing harm to you or the baby.
While HydraFacial is generally considered safe, it's essential to take some precautions if you decide to undergo the treatment during pregnancy:
- Consult with Your Healthcare Provider: It's crucial to consult your healthcare provider before scheduling a Hydrafacial or any other skincare treatment during pregnancy. They can assess your health, advise you on specific concerns, and provide personalized recommendations.
- Inform Your Aesthetician: When booking your Hydrafacial appointment, inform your aesthetician that you are pregnant. They can make any necessary adjustments to the treatment and ensure they customize your facial to your needs. It is also important to keep you as comfortable as possible throughout the session, especially in the final weeks of pregnancy.
- Skip Certain Ingredients: During pregnancy, it's advisable to avoid skincare products that contain certain ingredients like retinoids, salicylic acid, and benzoyl peroxide. Discuss your skincare routine with your aesthetician to ensure your at home ZO SKin Health regimen is pregnancy-safe.
- Stay Hydrated: Hydration is key during pregnancy. Drinking plenty of water before and after your Hydrafacial can help maximize the benefits of the treatment and keep your skin glowing.
The importance of skin health during pregnancy
Pregnancy will cause hormonal changes that directly impact the integrity of your skin, hair and body. For many women, pregnancy brings glowing skin, rosy cheeks, and shiny hair. Others, however, can experience skin changes that aren’t so pleasant, including acne, hyperpigmentation, and stretch marks. Here are some of common skin conditions developed during pregnancy, along with some practical tips on managing them using ZO Skin Health and Hydrafacial.
According to the University of New Mexico, during the first two trimesters of pregnancy, you produce more reproductive hormones called androgens—progesterone, in particular. When these hormone levels increase, sebum production in the skin increases causing inflammation and clogged pores.
Break outs and congested pores are likely to show up on the face, neck, chest, or back.
Treat hormonal acne using a mild treatment plan by ZO Skin Centre Dallas:
- Avoid BHA's and retinoids during pregnancy
- Use Exfoliating Polish by ZO Skin Health to physically exfoliate away dead skin cells and build up that clogs pores
- Use Exfoliation Accelerator to chemically dissolve away dead skin cells while providing calming and soothing benefits.
- New clinical study: Hydrafacial treatments improve acne
A natural increase in melanin during pregnancy is responsible for hyperpigmentation causing uneven skin tone. Here are some tips to minimize the risk of melasma, oftentimes referred to "pregnancy mask."
- Use Brightalive by ZO Skin Health to help fade the size and intensity of dark spots while suppressing future pigmentation.
- Be sure to wear sunscreen or wear a hat while in the sun.
- Decrease the amount of time you spend in the sun. Avoid the peak hours between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. when the sun’s rays are most direct.
- Keep your skin cool as heat can exacerbate melanin production.
ZO Skin Centre Dallas is here to walk you through your skin health journey while on your pregnancy journey. With the authorization from your healthcare provider, Hydrafacials in combination with medical-grade skincare can help you maintain bright, smooth and hydrated skin not only during pregnancy, but in all stages of life.
ZO Skin Centre in Dallas offers pregnancy-safe treatment plans and product solutions. Take your "pregnancy glow" to the next level by contacting ZO Skin Centre Dallas for more information or to schedule a Skin Health Consultation!